Sea-Sport Outboard Marina Ltd. (Sea-Sport) is a family owned business serving the needs of Northwestern B.C. Our shop provides complete service of all the outboard motors and power equipment we sell. In addition, we provide additional services including hydraulic hose assembly and rigging for the marine or industrial needs of Prince Rupert and the surrounding area.
Purpose of Job:
Our shop needs another person to help out with the assembly of hydraulic hoses and rigging assembly (including rope, wire rope and chain) to meet the needs of our customers. They must be good at math and able to lift over 50 lbs. They must be able to work in the shop or on a clients boat.
This will be a seasonal, part time position that may lead to full time. We will provide training.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- be knowledgeable about safety & operating procedures and know how to fabricate, repair, inspect, install and service rigging
- To carry out assemblies using a variety of hoses for industrial, offshore and hydraulic purposes.
- To be able to identify and use appropriate fittings for fitting to specified hoses, as per customer specification.
- To ensure that all tasks carried out are as per supervisor’s written and verbal instructions.
- To carry out all work to client specification.
- To be fully aware of component compatibility and competent in the use and knowledge of our products.
- To be able to identify and use all types of hoses for the purpose specified by the customer order.
- To be familiar with all our supplied fittings and their use.
- To carry out all assembly techniques as per supplier or in-house procedures.
- To work off site as and when required.
- To work overtime if requested to ensure our organization or client deadlines are met.
Skills and Training Competences:
- Ability to work within strict standards and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability and aptitude to learn.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrate a positive “can do” approach to work.
- Ability to function well within a team environment.
- Adhere to company Quality, Health, Safety policies.
- Customer and Quality Focus.
- To follow and comply with all safety rules and regulations in accordance with the organization’s Safety Manual System, at all times.
- To ensure that all tasks carried out meet company QMS procedures.
- To advise and train, trainees / ad hoc labour when and if required to do so by Workshop Supervisor.
- To be aware of environmental issues associated with workshop procedures.
- To have the ability to operate all hose assembly machinery and equipment. To ensure that work areas are maintained clean and hazard free at all times.
- To report any safety defects to workshop supervisor immediately.
- To actively contribute to the overall team activities and promote good working practices.
- To be flexible in providing cover for other areas within the workshop as and when required, especially to cover absence or holidays.
- To commit to continuous improvement and development.